Easy Crock Pot Boneless Chicken Breasts on Veggies.
Today we are delivering a wonderful dinner, so simple to assemble, it literally only needs about ten minutes of preparation work and it is absolutely sensational.
First things first, we’re going to make our marinade mix in a small jug.
- 1kg of Chicken Breast Fillets
- 600g of Small Red Potatoes (quartered)
- 250g of Dutch / Baby Carrots (trimmed and peeled)
- ¼ Cup of Olive Oil
- ⅓ Cup of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons of Crushed Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- Some Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- We're going to make our marinade mix in a small jug.
- We have a quarter of a cup of olive oil, just normal everyday oil, nothing expensive or fancy and to that we're going to add a third of a cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice, that's real lemon juice out of lemons not out of a bottle and to do that.
- Add a teaspoon of Oregon
- A teaspoon of onion powder this is just dried ground up onions
- Two cloves of crushed garlic about 2 teaspoons worth
- A tea spoon of salt and a little freshly cracked black pepper and you just need to give that a quick stir together and that is ready to use.
- Chicken and Veggies
- So we're ready to start filling the slow cooker
- We've got about one kilo or about two pounds of chicken breasts boneless skinless
- We add some potatoes these are just some little red potatoes and carrots
- We just trimmed and peeled the baby carrots so all that's left to do is pour the marinade mixture over everything starting with the chicken and then over the potatoes and the carrots.
- Just make sure it's all over everything, they're beautiful.
- All that's left to do now is to put the lid on and switch your slow cooker on.
- If you're using the HIGH setting it will be 4 hours if you're putting on the LOW setting it will be 8 hours.
Here’s the step by step video:
This recipe is infinitely variable; you can change the herbs and spices into it to make it whatever flavor you like, and change up the veggies. You don’t have to use potatoes and carrots you could easily use pretty much any vegetable, you could use green beans you could use broccoli, etc…
Don’t forget to share this wonderful recipe!
Source Youtube, The One Pot Chef
Recipes for chicken breasts in the crockpot | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
How to cook chicken breasts in the crockpot?
Chicken breasts are one of the easiest meats to prepare in the crockpot. Place the chicken breasts into the crockpot and add whatever ingredients you want to flavor the dish.
How long to cook chicken breasts in the crockpot?
It depends on the size of your meat. Cook on low for 4 – 6 hours or high for 2 1/2 – 3 hours. Even more, like in the recipe above, using big chicken breasts. Take the chicken breasts out from the crock pot and shred them before serving if you like pulled meat.
Do I need less time for crockpot recipes with less chicken breasts?
Yes, you do. However, it is somewhat related to size, as already stated. Chicken breasts cook faster when they’re smaller. So if you’re cooking a recipe that calls for four boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, you’ll want to cut those into two pieces each. That way, you’ll end up with four servings instead of eight.
Can you use frozen chicken in the slow cooker?
You certainly can! Make sure to check the internal meat temperature before eating any type of poultry.
How long to cook frozen chicken in the Crock Pot?
Allow 6 hours to ensure that it is properly cooked through to the core of the thickest piece. If you try to shred them with forks and it’s difficult, it’s not done yet.
In a slow cooker, how do I cook frozen chicken?
Slowly on the LOW heat is the way to go.
More recipes like this one: