You’ll never make a Pavlova in the oven again!!!!
Yes! You Can Cook a Pavlova in the Slow Cooker and I am pretty sure you will forget about the oven in the future 🙂
Looking for dessert ideas… This slow cooker pavlova recipe is the easiest pavlova that you will ever cook. Your Crock Pot has the perfect low-heat and even temperature that pavlovas require for a consistent good result.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1¼ cups caster sugar
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Whisk egg whites in clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form
- Gradually add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, mixing well after each addition
- Mix until meringue is thick and glossy, until all sugar is dissolved
- Add cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and whisk until just combined
- Pour into slow cooker bowl lined with baking paper. Put teatowel under lid.
- Cook on low for 1 to 1.5hrs or just keep an eye on it until done. Leave in slow cooker until completely cold then dress with whipped cream and fruit
If you want to know the Pavlova origin. Wikipedia says that the Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. It is a meringue dessert with a crisp crust and soft, light inside, usually topped with fruit and whipped cream. The name is pronounced or like the name of the dancer, which was Pavlova.
The dessert is believed to have been created in honor of the dancer either during or after one of her tours to Australia and New Zealand in the 1920s
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, if so don’t forget to share!