How Do You Cook Teriyaki Chicken in the Slow Cooker? You’ll see it’s Super Easy…
The beauty of Teriyaki Chicken is in its simplicity. Teriyaki is the Japanese term for meat that has been marinated in teriyaki sauce, then broiled or grilled over coals. The sauce used for teriyaki is generally sweet, although it can also be spicy.
Chicken teriyaki is usually among the most popular items on the menu at the average Japanese restaurant in the United States and we’re going to make it in the slow cooker today.
- Make the teriyaki marinade. In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, onion, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and black pepper, and set aside.
- Add the chicken in the slow cooker
- Then the teriyaki marinade.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or cook on low for 8 hours.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Mix water into cornstarch and mix until cornstarch is melted.
- Add cornstarch slurry and vegetables into the slow cooker for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy by itself or in a bowl of brown rice.
Hope you enjoyed it, don’t forget to share!
Via Buzzfeed Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki