Crock-Pot Black-Eyed Peas for Any Special Occasion.
These tasty black-eyed peas aren’t just for ensuring good luck on New Year’s Day…
They are an easy, excellent side dish and a great choice for picnics, potluck dinners, and barbecues.
Let’s have a look at the step by step video:
- 6 cups water
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 pound dried black-eyed peas, sorted and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 8 ounces diced ham
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour the water into a slow cooker, add the bouillon cube, and stir to dissolve.
- Combine the black-eyed peas, onion, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, ham, bacon, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to blend.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours until the beans are tender.
Via Allrecipes Slow Cooker Spicy Black-Eyed Peas