6 Easy & Cheap Crock Pot Freezer Meals Recipes Ready To Cook.
Slow cookers are made for people who don’t have time to cook, simply spend few minutes preparing the ingredients and drop everything in the crock pot for few hours…
If you are always busy and don’t have time for this short preparation, your solution is called freezer bags… Simply prepare them in advance during spare time and let them wait in the freezer…
Let’s have a look at 6 chicken freezer meals recipes on budget (less than 10 dollars per dinner) that I discovered on The Family Fudge. Note that ideally you should take out the freezer bags the night before otherwise cooking times will be difficult to follow.
- 2 Lbs chicken sausage in casing
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 1 Diced onion
- 1 Ziploc bag
and the Chicken Philly Cheese Steak
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 large onion; sliced
- 2-3 bell peppers (any color you like), cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 clove of garlic, minced
- 6 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 Ziploc bag
- Mix corn starch into chicken broth.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT for cheese in a slow cooker.
- Cook on “low” setting for 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and peppers are soft.
- Lay cheese over mixture.
- Cook on “low” for additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on a roll, or on top of a salad for a low card meal
and a Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 28 oz of diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Ziploc Bags
- Label your freezer bag.
- To your freezer bag, add all ingredients. Add chicken to the freezer bag last so it’s the first ingredient poured into your crockpot.\
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
- The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your crock-pot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
Very easy… The remaining 3 recipes are on the next page.