Budget-Friendly, Creamy, and Delicious Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese Recipe
Brace yourselves for an irresistible, creamy, and undeniably delicious slow cooker mac and cheese recipe! This enticing dish is not just easy on the pocket, but it also brings out the ultimate comfort food experience. Perfect for family gatherings, weekend dinners, or a simple weekday meal, this recipe embodies love on a plate.
Did you know that Mac and cheese is a classic American dish that has its roots in the 19th century? It was first introduced in the United States by Thomas Jefferson, who encountered pasta during his travels in Italy. He brought back a pasta machine and the concept of serving pasta with cheese. It quickly became popular and a standard item in American households.
Let’s get the ingredients:
- 500 grams of elbow macaroni
- 500 ml whole milk,
- 400 grams sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 grams cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Begin by spraying your slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour uncooked macaroni into the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients, evenly distributing them over the macaroni.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW setting for about 3 hours or on HIGH for about 1.5 hours.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- The Mac and Cheese are ready when all the cheese is melted, and the macaroni is cooked to your desired softness.
This slow cooker mac and cheese recipe is a must-try for anyone who cherishes quality food that’s simple yet satisfying. It is a beautiful way to treat your family to a wholesome meal without spending a fortune. Remember, great food doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive – sometimes, you only need a great recipe, fresh ingredients, and a slow cooker!