Crock Pot Burgundy Beef Casserole, No Mushrooms…
The best thing with recipes is that you don’t have to follow them to the point if you don’t like one ingredient or another.
There are dozens of different way of preparing a meal, you are the Chef and it’s always great to experiment and replace one ingredient by another. So, we already got a Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy recipe with Mushrooms, https://slowcookersociety.com/yummy-slow-cooker-burgundy-beef-on-noodles-so-good/
Now here’s another one with different ingredients and no mushrooms 🙂
So, Let’s see…
- 2 slices bacon -- chopped
- 2 pounds sirloin tip or round steak -- cut in 1 inch cubes
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ c. tomato paste
- 2 c. carrots, slices carrot, 1 inch thick
- 1 clove garlic -- minced
- 1 cube beef bouillon -- crushed 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large skillet, cook bacon for a few minutes.
- Remove bacon, and set aside.
- Coat beef with flour, and brown on all sides in bacon mixture.
- Combine steak, bacon drippings, cooked bacon, seasonings, bouillon and Burgundy wine and remaining ingredients in your crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Turn control to HIGH.
- Add cornstarch, previously dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cook on high for 15 more minutes.
- It's ready. Serve with pasta or anything you like.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, if so don’t forget to share and like.
And… there are many more Yummy recipes, just below 🙂