Our Slow Cooker Lentil Soup Is Nutritious and Packed With Fiber and Protein.
This slow cooker lentil soup is a classic comfort food that’s both filling and nutritious.
It’s a great way to get your daily dose of fiber and protein, and it’s easy to make in a slow cooker. In this recipe, we’ll tell you how to make a delicious and healthy slow cooker lentil soup you’ll love.
Here is how to make it:
- 1 cup green or brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the lentils, thyme, oregano, and vegetable broth to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once the soup is ready, remove it from the slow cooker and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
This slow cooker lentil soup is a healthy and delicious meal that’s perfect for a cold winter day. It’s packed with fiber and protein, and it’s easy to make in a slow cooker. Enjoy