This Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili is a Winner…
This slow cooker chicken taco chili is such a popular recipe! The ideal crock pot meal simply drop all the ingredients in, turn it on and come back to the best tasting meal! It requires nearly no preparation, so easy to make, perfect for freezer meals and the whole family loves it…
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 4 oz can chopped green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning or homemade (see below)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 24 oz (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Wanna prepare your own taco seasoning, simply omit the packet, cumin and chili powder above and use the below instead:
- 1½ tablespoons cumin
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomato, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and mix well.
- Nestle the chicken in to completely cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- Optionally, top with cheese or alternatively with fresh cilantro and your favorite toppings!
I hope you liked it, if so don’t forget to share!
Via SkinnyTaste Crock-Pot Chicken Taco Chili