How to Make a Delicious Crock Pot Southern Chicken – It’s Perfect on Rice!
Want a recipe that is easy and affordable? Don’t look any further… and it so is versatile, it doesn’t really matter if you don’t follow the recipe to the letter… Like always food is a matter of taste. If you like some ingredients more than others, swap them. E.g. chicken or turkey…
Another example, you may want to serve it with mashed potatoes instead of rice… No problem, you’re the cook!
- Chicken cutlets or tenderloins (half a bag or around 8-9 cutlets)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- White rice (4 - 5 servings)
- Cilantro (optional for topping)
- Sour Cream (optional for topping)
- Layer the bottom of the slow cooker with the chicken
- Dump the cream of chicken soup, jar of salsa, drained can of corn and drained can of black beans on top.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Before the end, make sure the chicken is cooked enough.
- About one hour into the slow cooker cycle, you may optionally stir all the ingredients together, and make sure the chicken is all submerged in the sauce.
- Once the slow cooker cycle is through, cook up your rice.
- You can serve directly from crockpot over the rice, and garnish with the cheese, cilantro and sour cream.
(preferred method) transfer the chicken and sauce to baking dish and top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
Put under the broiler and melt the cheese, until its slightly browned.
Remove from broiler and serve over rice.
Top with cilantro and sour cream as desired.
Hope you like this recipe, don’t forget to share!
Via Thrifty NW Mom Quick Dinner Ideas – Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Over Rice