The Most Delicious Way of Finishing Ham Leftovers…
Ham is ideal when cooking for a small crew for any special occasion, celebration or party.
Though once you’ve cut it completely, there are always few leftovers and the bone. What can you prepare with them?
A delicious recipe is to finishing off the ham with a nice big bowl of white beans and slice of cornbread. This recipe is super simple. It uses a pound of dried beans and simmers all day in the crock-pot with a big ham bone. If you don’t have ham bone, use some ham shanks, ham hocks or just some chopped up ham.
The creaminess of white beans combined with the saltiness of the ham is wonderful… This is comfort food at its best!
- Rinse and sort the beans for any pebbles.
- Add the the rinsed beans, onion powder, salt, pepper, and ham to the crock pot.
- Add water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 8 hours, until beans are tender.
- Remove ham bone, shanks or hocks and pull off the meat.
- Add meat to the crock pot and mix.
- Serve with cornbread.
Via Plain Chicken Slow Cooker Ham & White Beans