Crock Pot Kielabasa Sausage Casserole – Slow Cooker Society
This Slow Cooker Kielbasa casserole is so easy to make and is guaranteed to be a hit at your table! Great over pasta for dinner!
In case you wonder what is a Kielbasa sausage:
It is one of the most traditional foods served at Polish weddings. Popular varieties include: kabanosy, a thin, air-dried sausage flavoured with caraway seed, originally made of pork. … kiełbasa wędzona, Polish smoked sausage, used often in soups.
But not only, it also popular in Hungary, USA, Canada, Urkraine and in a few more countries… Now let’ get our recipe:
- ½ pound Lean ground beef
- 1 pound Kielbasa sausage -- sliced
- 1 Can whole tomatoes -- (28 ounces) undrained
- 9 ounces Frozen French-cut Green beans
- 1 Can pitted black olives -- (6 ounces drained and left whole)
- ½ cup Red wine
- 3 Garlic cloves -- minced
- 1 medium Onion -- sliced
- 1 medium Green pepper -- chopped
- 1 teaspoon Basil -- crushed
- 1 teaspoon Oregano -- crushed
- ½ teaspoon Thyme -- crushed
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 pound Pasta of your choice
- 4 ounces Parmesan -- freshly grated
- In a medium skillet, sauté ground beef.
- When browned, transfer to crock pot. Add all other ingredients except pasta and parmesan
- Simmer on low for 6-8 hours.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Ladle Crocked Kielbasa over pasta in large bowls.
- Pass the Parmesan cheese to garnish.
Note that Kielbasa comes in dozens of varieties, smoked or fresh, made with pork, beef, turkey, lamb, chicken or veal with every region having its own speciality
Hope you liked it, don’t forget to share and like.