The Easy Way to Prepare a Delicious Sweet Crockpot Lemon Chicken!
You’ll see, this slow cooker chicken doesn’t require to be a master chef…
The trick is to use frozen lemonade concentrate. Though for a nice looking presentation, you may want to add a few lemon slices on the side of the plates 🙂
What a time saver! This chicken dinner is perfect for anyone who loves chicken but isn’t so good in the kitchen. That’s because all you have to do is dump this in your slow cooker and go about your day. It’s a simple meal that feeds a family, and the best part is you don’t even have to turn it on-the-house will smell amazing, and dinner will be ready. The flavors of a sweet and tangy marinade come together into this savory treat that is sure to be satisfying for the entire family.
I will definitely make it again my husband and kids loved it…
- ¼ cup flour
- 2½ to 3 pounds chicken, cut up (or legs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- White rice cooked.
- Coat the chicken pieces with a mixture of flour and salt.
- In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in hot oil.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to the crockpot.
- Blend the thawed lemonade concentrate, the ½ cup water, brown sugar, catsup and vinegar; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until tender, 3 to 3½ hours.
- Remove the chicken to platter; keep warm.
For the sauce:
- Skim fat from the pan juices.
- Measure juices; add water if necessary, to make 1¼ cups liquid.
- Place the liquid into a saucepan.
- Blend 1 tablespoon of cold water with the cornstarch.
- Stir into the pan juices.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce on top of the chicken.
Related video recipes:
I Hope you enjoyed this quick recipe, don’t forget to share!