Simply Rub Your Chicken and Drop It in The Crock Pot…
The little secret to make a perfect full chicken in your slow cooker is to rub it with soften butter and few herbs before cooking it. You’ll then finish it in the broiler… The inside will be soft while you’ll get a nice little crust on the outside.
Take a look at this nice recipe I found on Buzzfeed.
- Lay the halved potatoes and half of the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix butter, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic until well-combined.
- Stuff the chicken with the other half of the onion and lemon wedge.
- Rub the herb butter mixture all over the outside of the chicken.
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes and onions in the slow cooker and place a sprig of thyme and rosemary on top. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet.
- Add the green beans to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lemon and onion from inside the chicken. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the skin is golden brown. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- It's ready to eat 🙂
Time for the step by step video.
Hope you liked it, if so don’t forget to share.
You may also like those 3 chicken recipes:
Via Buzzfeed Make This Complete Chicken Dinner In Your Slow Cooker