Delicious Crock Pot Apple Crumble with Berries – Can’t Be Any Easier!
I’m always after easy dessert recipes that don’t take time to prepare and more important that I am certain they will please everyone in the family, from the youngest to Grand Grand parents.
You’ll see it’s pretty quick:
1) To make the crumble preheat an oven to 160C, mix all the ingredients together and bake in the oven for 20 mins until golden and crisp, stirring halfway through then turn oven off and leave to cool inside the oven. (this can be done in advance and kept in an airtight container)
2) Preheat the slow cooker on its highest setting. Mix the cider, apple juice, yeast, sultanas and tea bags together and leave to infuse for at least 20 mins.
3) Add the sugar and butter to the slow cooker, when melted whisk to combine, place the apples in the slow cooker and cover in the sugar and butter mix then move to one side add the frozen berries on the other side.
4) Remove the teabags from the liquid and squeeze them out to get all of the flavour, pour the liquid over the apples in the slow cooker and add a splash of brandy, cook with the lid slightly ajar for 3 hours
5) When finished gently mix the berries into the apple and taste, add lemon juice if needed to balance the sweetness, transfer to a serving dish or dishes then sprinkle a very thin layer of the crumble mix over the fruits and allow to cool for 5 mins
Finally, spoon over the rest of the crunchy crumble and grate over some lemon zest and serve with ice cream or creme fraiche.