Crock Pot Broccoli Cream Cheese & Cheddar Soup.
Broccoli is a healthy vegetable that can be eaten in several different ways. Some persons like it raw in a mixed salad or even dip it. Of course it’s also perfect cooked and served as a side…
Today we’re making a cheesy soup… Mmmm….
We already made a similar recipe using heavy cream a few months ago, though in this one we’re using cream cheese instead.
Here’s how to prepare a delicious creamy soup:
- 2 pounds broccoli, roughly chopped
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 quarts low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- Add broccoli, cream cheese and broth in the slow cooker.
- Spice with salt and pepper and stir.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Remove the lid and add sour cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted in thoroughly.
- Use an immersion blender to pulse the soup to desired texture.
- Serve as is with toasted bread.
Via Cooktop Cove How to cook cheesy broccoli soup in a slow cooker.