Crock Pot Gnocchi Stew That Will Please Everyone.
Whether you pair it with a tomato sauce or pesto, potato gnocchi is a deliciously hearty pasta to serve up for any occasion. If you got the idea that gnocchi is just a fall food, let me assure you that its not.
Today we’re going to cook our Gnocchi differently… as a stew in the slow cooker. I promise, you’ll be pleasantly surprised 🙂
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (12 ounce can) crushed tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package potato gnocchi
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Add the chicken, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, broth and seasonings to the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Whisk together the flour and butter. When cooking is complete, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken, along with the flour/butter mixture, coconut milk, and gnocchi.
- Cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, then add spinach. Cook until spinach has wilted.
Hope you liked this recipe, if so don’t forget to share…
Via SkinnyMs Slow Cooker Gnocchi Stew