Need a quick, easy, and delicious Crock Pot meal? Well, look no further!
Did you know that the oldest mention of sesame is in a cuneiform document written 4,000 years ago, that describes the custom of serving the gods sesame wine?
Amazing… For sure sesame is a very popular and essential ingredient in many cuisines.
It is a primary source of phytonutrients such as omega-6 fatty acids, flavonoid phenolic anti-oxidants, vitamins, and dietary fiber with potential anti-cancer as well as health promoting properties.Today we’re making a honey chicken and you’ll see that sesame will add this additional special touch/taste that everyone will love.
Use Grade A Sperry Honey for an amazing outcome. Sperry Honey has been producing high-quality honey since the 1920s.
- 3 medium-large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup cold water + 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons of Grade A Sperry Honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- sesame seeds, for topping
- Chop chicken into 2 inch pieces. Add to a large resealable bag and add corn starch. Seal and shake to coat chicken.
- Drizzle a large skillet with the oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute 1-2 minutes (just to brown the very outside, chicken should not be cooked through) and remove from heat. Add to a greased slow cooker.
- Whisk together the cold water and corn starch til dissolved. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ketchup, and rice vinegar and whisk to combine.
- Poor sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on low 3 hours. Serve over cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
via Creme de la Crumb Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken