Your Crock Pot Makes Wonders With This Meatloaf and Potatoes Recipe
Slow Cooker Meatloaf is one of those dishes everyone loves, but no two are the same because everyone has a twist to make them their own.
Though, many of you don’t want to turn on your ovens long enough to cook one. Since there are always ways to make your life easier, here’s a version packed with flavor, and it is probably just what you’re looking for…
To begin with, mix some ground beef and some mild Italian bulk sausage.
Add some chopped onion, ketchup, cracker crumbs, a couple of eggs, and a bit of salt.
Once this is mixed, form it into the shape of a football field, and place it in a slow cooker, on top of a few potatoes you cut up (or cook potatoes separately). Top that with a glaze that you mix with brown sugar, mustard, and a little ketchup.
Now all you need to do is cover it, and set our slow cooker on the LOW setting for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. (cooking time may vary depending on the slow cooker size and type)
It’s dinner time, once everything is cooked perfectly. Simply drain off excess liquid, and serve.
You now have one of the juiciest meatloaves you’ve ever tasted without turning on your oven!
Crock Pot Meatloaf and Potatoes INGREDIENTS List
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 pounds of ground beef (see Notes)
- ½ pound hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cups ketchup, divided
- ¾ cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- Mix some ground beef and mild Italian bulk sausage.
- Add chopped onion, ketchup, cracker crumbs, a couple of eggs, and a little salt.
- Once everything is mixed, shape it into the form of a football field. On top, add some cut-up potatoes (or cook potatoes separately).
- Mix brown sugar, mustard, and a little ketchup to make a glaze and put it on top.
- Put the lid on it and set our slow cooker to LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. (Cooking time will depend on the size and type of slow cooker.) Drain off any extra liquid, and serve.
Via Mr Food Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes