Tasty Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast with delicious mushroom sauce.
Pretty simple… but so tasty. 🙂 What’s better than a good beef pot roast? Answer: one that is made in the slow cooker, simply because it will ease you life so much…
People use their Crock Pot for different reasons… For some, simply because you don’t need to be a “Master Chef” to get a great meal, or for others, because is saves time and you don’t need to stay in the kitchen while it does the job…
And if you got the time, you can even grow your own mushrooms at home, see the video further down below 🙂
Now… Let’s have a look at our beef roast:
- 2½ pounds chuck roast – I am using grass fed beef
- 1 package of cleaned and sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 – 1½ cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2-3 tbsp flour mixed with 3 tbsp water to make a slurry
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Take your meat out of refrigerator and let rest for 30 minutes bringing it to room temperature.
- Season both sides with salt, black pepper and olive oil and rub in.
- On medium high heat pan sear both sides of beef for 3-4 minutes until you get a brown caramelized crust.
- Remove from heat and place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and give a good stir.
- Slow cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours. If you use LOW heat cook for 8 hours.
You are a Mushrooms Fan? Click for More Slow Cooker Mushroom Recipes on This Site.
Another cool thing is to use your own grown mushrooms in your recipes... Of course you need to know what you do, since not every mushroom is good for eating…
Learn How To Grow Your Own Mushrooms
Although growing mushrooms is unlike gardening other vegetables, you can still grow mushrooms organically in your home. With the right materials, growing this healthy addition to any dish is simpler than it seems. Wanna try?
Here’s a How to Grow your own mushrooms Video:
grow mushrooms kit,
grow your own mushrooms kit,
how to grow your own mushrooms without a kit,
grow your own morel mushrooms,
indoor mushroom garden,
growing edible mushrooms.
And… Don’t forget there are many more yummy recipes, just below 🙂