Tender & Juicy Honey Buffalo Meatballs Simmered in an Amazing Sauce.
These fantastic Honey Buffalo Meatballs will start their cooking journey by baking for a few minutes in the oven before being finished on low temperature in the slow cooker, simmering in a sauce you’ll dream of…
This Carlsbag Cravings recipe is definitely something worth trying… If you like them more spicy, simply add more hot sauce to taste at the end of cooking so they can be more honey or more buffalo.
- For Meatballs
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 22 saltine crackers, crushed (approx. 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup dry minced onion
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp EACH garlic pwdr, onion pwdr, salt
- ½ tsp EACH chili pwdr, smoked paprika, ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Honey Buffalo Sauce
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and gently whisk. Add all remaining Meatball Ingredients and mix until well combined. Roll meat mixture into desired meatball size***. Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add all of the Honey Buffalo Sauce Ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine (only use ¼ cup hot sauce at this point. You can add more hot sauce to taste at the end of cooking).
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with meatballs, drizzle with some Honey Buffalo Sauce, then remaining meatballs followed by the remaining Sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours, gently stirring an hour after cooking. When done, taste and stir in additional hot wings sauce (You can add 1½ more tablespoons which is pretty spicy.) Keep warm until serving.
Via Carlsbad Cravings slow cooker honey buffalo meatballs