No… It Isn’t Rocket Science… Simply Drop the Ribs in the Crock Pot!
There are different ways of cooking ribs… of course, we all love the BBQ ribs on the grill. Though, if for any reason you choose not to take out the grill, your slow cooker becomes a great alternative.
As a bonus, it lets you prepare the food in advance and come back home with a nearly done dish that you’ll serve to the entire family.
Okay, let’s dive in:
- 1 (2½–3 lb) rack of pork ribs, halved
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- Season ribs evenly with salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder. Rub in on all sides.
- Add honey, soy sauce, and garlic to a large slow cooker.
- Transfer the ribs to slow cooker and turn them over in sauce until coated. Position the ribs so they are standing up, with the meatier side down, and so the meat side is against the walls of the slow cooker, with the bone sides facing in.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 7 - 8 hours. Check after the allotted time, you want to make sure the meat is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the ribs and transfer to cutting board.
- Cut between the bones to separate into individual ribs.
- Serve with additional sauce from the slow cooker, as needed.
We certainly hope you enjoyed this recipe, which is a recipe you want to keep, if so don’t forget to share!