Easy and Delicious Crock Pot Rosemary Chicken Breasts on Pasta
Mmmm… Slow Cooker Garlic & Rosemary Chicken is super easy to prepare, but when on the table your guests will think you worked a long time preparing it 🙂
That’s the magic of using a Slow Cooker
This recipes contains mushrooms which give the sauce a wonderful taste, though if you don’t like them simply make without…
- 2 medium onions, sliced or chopped
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp dried rosemary, crushed or 1 tbsp fresh
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 pkg (8 oz) dried pasta (penne, mostaccioli, or elbow macaroni) Grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown the chicken breast on both sides in a pre-heated skillet (add some oil)
- In a 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 quart slow cooker, place the onions and garlic.
- Add chicken to slow cooker. In a mixing bowl combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, bay leaves, sugar, rosemary, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 7 hours. Or, cook on HIGH heat setting for 3-1/2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove bay leaves.
- Stir mushrooms into chicken mixture; cook for 5 to 10 minutes more to heat through. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the hot cooked pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese