Crock Pot Ham with Maple Brown Sugar Glaze Ingredients
On the precious page, you discovered how to choose your ham and how to prepare it…
I must say that it really amazes me how easy it is to cook such a tasty meal for a large crowd.
A glazed ham is a delicious and luxurious dish that’s typically made on Christmas and New Year’s Day, but also for any special occasion during the rest of the year. What’s so special about it is the way the traditional slow-cooker cooking method completely preserves the moisture in the meat.
This gives the ham its delicious, crispy glaze that captures the moist, succulent meat in one fell swoop.
Okay, let’s get the ingredients list now:
- Start by trimming excess fat and skin from the ham.
- Use a paring knife to slice a grid pattern into the ham.
- Add ham and 1 cup of water to slow cooker.
- Heat for 5-6 hours on low, until heated through.
- Remove ham from slow cooker and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Prepare glaze.
- Bring pure maple syrup, dark brown sugar, mustard, pepper and cornstarch to a boil.
- Let boil 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Let glaze cool for about 5 minutes.
- Pat ham dry and spoon glaze over ham.
- Heat ham under broiler 5-7 minutes until glaze has caramelized.
This recipe is very economical and can be used to feed a little crew on any special occasion…
Don’t forget to share if you like this recipe!
Via no. 2 pencil Slow Cooker Ham
Similar video recipes: