Homemade Beef Meatballs with Beer & Ketchup… In the Crock Pot!
I know many of us really like meatballs. Today we’re gonna make a super simple recipe in the slow cooker. Add your preferred type of beer, you may try to experiment a few different ones over time and comment back which is your preferred one 🙂
Don’t like beer? Here’s an alternative: Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs…
Note that the alcohol will evaporate with the heat, only tasty meatballs will remain.
Let’s go see the recipe now:
- 1 can of beer
- 1 6 oz can spicy V-8 juice
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- ½ c. Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 c. onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lg. bottle ketchup
- 1 tsp. horseradish
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 lbs. ground beef
- 2 to 3 eggs
- Combine ground beef, ½ cup onions, Italian bread crumbs, eggs.
- Make the mixture into small meatballs.
- Then fry or bake the meat.
- In saucepan combine remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put meatballs and sauce into slow cooker/Crock Pot.
- The sauce should cover the meat.
- Allow to simmer in slow cooker/Crock Pot for at least 3 hours, however, the longer you let them simmer, the better they are!
- Cooking them 6 to 10 hours on LOW temperature is great.
- Stir them occasionally. You may wish to add more ketchup, or V-8 juice - spice them up if you like them hot.
Hope you like it, if so don’t forget to share!
And… there are many more Yummy recipes, just below 🙂