A Delicious Guinness Beer Beef Stew That Everyone will Love
A great recipe that you can make for St-Patrick’s Day, or anytime during the year. This slow cooked beef stew slowly simmers in Guinness beer, which gives it a so special and delicious taste. A very popular Irish dinner that you can make easily too.
- 4 strips bacon, sliced into small pieces
- 2½ lb. beef chuck, cut in 2-inch pieces (tossed with black pepper and at least 1 tsp salt)
- 2 onions, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.0-oz) Guinness beer, or other dark beer
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 carrots, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2½ cups chicken stock, or as needed
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, optional (not really)
- Simmer stew on very low heat, covered, for about 2 hours, or until fork tender
- Uncover, raise heat to med-high, and reduce, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens to your liking
- Taste and adjust seasoning!
Check out the step by step video:
Hope you liked it, don’t forget to share!
Via Food Wishes Beef & Guinness Stew – Drinking AND Eating Beer on St. Patrick’s Day