Slow Cooker Nacho Soup Packed with Cheese
Rachel prepared this excellent soup in her crock pot. Full of flavor, it combines perfectly the nachos and shredded cheddar cheese… in a soup… Don’t be shy… add as much cheese as you like 🙂
The result is outstanding. I’m not exaggerating in the slightest! I had high hopes for this soup, and it met all of my expectations.
Enjoy the flavors of nachos in an easy and comforting soup! It tastes just like you’re eating nachos but in soup form! So insanely good. I can’t get enough of it, and neither can the rest of the family…
Easy cheesy slow cooker nacho soup packed full of beef and veggies. A perfect evening meal!
- 1lb ground beef, cooked and drained of fat
- 1C yellow onion, chopped
- 1C green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 15oz corn, drained
- 15oz black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 15oz petite diced tomatotes, drained
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3½C chicken or beef broth
- 8oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1C heavy cream
- 3-4Tb all purpose flour*
- Green onions, chopped for topping
- To the bowl of a 5-6 quart slow cooker, add cooked beef, vegetables, beans, seasonings and broth.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
- When 4 hours is up, stir in shredded cheese.
- Whisk together flour and heavy cream until smooth.
- Pour into slow cooker, stir to combine.
- Cover and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
*1½ - 2Tb cornstarch may be substituted for flour for a gluten free option
So, when are you planning to make it? You won’t regret it…
Hope you like this recipe, if so don’t forget to share!
via Baked by Rachel Slow Cooker Nacho Soup