The Beef Melts in Your Mouth – The Gravy is Both Thick and Rich with Flavor.
Here’s how to make a five star beef pot roast in the slow cooker the easy way, for the days you really don’t have time to cook.
Simply drop a few packages of gravy mix, ranch dressing, and Italian dressing mix, and you’re nearly done…
You’ll come back home, a wonderful smell floating all around… in the crock-pot, a delicious roast with a rich, savory gravy, add carrots and potatoes for a complete meal.
- 1 onion, sliced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (2½ pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (1.2 ounce) package dry beef gravy mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- ½ cup water, or as needed 5 whole peeled carrots (optional)
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Spread the onion slices out into the bottom of the cooker.
- Spread the flour out onto a work surface.
- Sprinkle the chuck roast with salt and black pepper, and roll the roast in the flour to coat all sides. Using the edge of a small, sturdy plate, pound the flour into the meat.
- Place the floured roast into the cooker on top of the onions.
- Whisk together beef gravy mix, ranch dressing mix, and Italian dressing mix in a bowl, and whisk the mixes with water until smooth.
- Pour over the chuck roast.
- Distribute carrots around the meat.
- Cover the cooker, set to Low, and cook until the roast is tender and the gravy has thickened, about 8 hours.
Mmmm… and of course can always make a selection of your preferred veggies as side dishes or make a salad too…
Wanna see the video?