Time to use your fruits… Get the Apples Ready!
In Fall, a few of us are lucky enough to grow our own apples. Even if you’re not, you’ll buy them easily all year around.
So today, let’s prepare Apple Butter in the Crock Pot, that you will then slather on your preferred biscuits…
- 5½ lbs apples peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 - 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place apples in a large bowl.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Pour over apples and mix well.
- Place in crock pot, cover and cook on high for 1 hour.Decrease heat to low; cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until thickened and dark brown.
- Stir occasionally.
- Uncover and cook on low for 1 hour longer.
- If desired, whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into freezer containers, leaving ½-inch head space.
- Cover and freeze.
Mmmm… it’s ready. Believe me it’s better than the one bought in the supermarket 🙂
Don’t forget to share if you liked it!
via Food.com Crock Pot Apple Butter