This Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is What You Need When Coming Back Home…
This soup is amazing, you use all ingredients of a traditional stuffed pepper recipe, but don’t have to spend lots of time stuffing the peppers as you would normally.
Look at the red color of this soup and how simple ground beef makes this dish a real meal 🙂
The combination of sweet peppers, tomatoes, and caramelized onions with browned and seasoned beef are both budget-friendly and right on time when you don’t have any to spare!
Three hours in your crock pot will turn these flavors into an effortlessly easy meal that is sure to warm your heart and your stomach
Time for the ingredients:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Brown beef in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat, then drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and sauté onions until softened and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place beef and onions in slow cooker, then add in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beef broth, rice and bell peppers.
- Season with oregano and basil and add in bay leaf.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6-8.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then ladle into serving bowls and serve hot.
Via 12Tomatoes Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup