How to Make Delicious Crock-Pot Smothered Pork Chops The Easy Way…
Today we’re showing you an amazing main meal that is so simple to prepare and takes only a matter of moments to throw together. Simply set it and walk away… It will be there ready when you’re ready for dinner…
Let’s go for a few slow-cooked smothered pork chops. I’m feeling hungry already!
We’ll prepare 6 pork chops:
- 6 Pork Chops (I used Loin Chops)
- 1 Large Sweet Potato (peeled and chopped)
- 2 Large Potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 3 Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Brown Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Cup of Liquid Vegetable Stock
- 400g Can of Cream of Celery Soup
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Start by browning our pork chops now. We've got six loin pork chops.
- Let's put them into the pan now. We've just removed the bone because when you slow cooked pork chops the bones tend to go a bit brittle and end up going through everything, so just take a moment to remove them
- and season the pork chops on both sides with some salt and some pepper now all we need to do is just brown the outside of the pork chops on both sides.
- You don't need to cook them all the way through because they'll end up finishing cooking in the slow cooker but of course, we're just going to brown the outside.
- Once brown, transfer the pork chops into the bowl. We've got some lovely rendered pork fat in the pan, so we're not going to waste it.
- Time to add in one brown onion which we've just chopped and a couple of cloves of crushed garlic.
- We'll just cook the onion and the garlic until they're browned add them into the pot now.
- We'll add in our vegetables now you can use whatever vegetables you like don't feel restricted in any way but I'm putting in some potatoes and carrots and some sweet potatoes.
- Last but not least we're going to add in our sauce now and it is very simple. It's one cup of liquid vegetable stock and one can 400 grams of cream of celery soup, but you could pretty much use any soup you like. Just mix it up in a jug and pour it over everything and put on the lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or until the pork chops are cooked through and the vegetables are nice and tender.
Check out the step by step video:
Hope you like it, if so don’t forget to share 🙂
Source OnePot Chef on Youtube, Enjoy!
More video recipes: