Easy Crock Pot Chicken Curry for “Lazy” People…
Why should it take more than 10 minutes to prepare your meal? Today we’re going to make a wonderful tasty Chicken Curry using our beloved slow Cooker.
Thanks to Sarah Carey who makes an easy recipe for your slow cooker.
A comforting and delicious Chicken Curry with refreshing spices and sweet peas.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 16 thin slices peeled fresh ginger (about 1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, preferably Madras
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt
- 2 packages frozen green peas (10 ounces each)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup toasted cashews (optional, for serving)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves (optional, for serving)
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, toss chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, coriander, and cumin to coat. Season with 2 teaspoons salt. Cover, cook on high setting until chicken is fork-tender, about 4 hours (do not uncover while cooking).
- Stir in coconut milk and peas; cover, cook until peas are heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl; shred with fork. Return to pot; toss with sauce.
- To serve, garnish with ½ cup toasted cashews and ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, if desired.
Enjoy this effortless meal with your family tonight.
Now time for the step by step video
Hope you enjoyed this easy recipe, if so don’t forget to share!
Via Martha Stewart Chicken Curry