Crock Pot Healthy Chicken BBQ Sandwich Ingredients
Making your own sauce is easy and makes a whole world of difference!
- 1 8-ounce can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Onions Yellow/ Brown
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
- Put the lid on and cook on LOW until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork.
- Return the chicken to the sauce.
- Stir well and serve.
Hope you loved this recipe, if so don’t forget to share 🙂 !
Via Eating Well Barbecue Pulled Chicken